CENTRAL PARK CHRISTIAN CHURCH
Central Park Christian Church began as a Bible School organized in 1896. Interest grew until in July of 1904 a building was erected at 16th and Clay Streets. The church with 60 members held its first service August 27, 1904. The cornerstone of the little white church was laid in May 1905. In 1920-21 plans were drawn for the new and present building, with the ground breaking service on July 27, 1921. The cornerstone was laid on July 31, and the building was dedicated on May 28, 1922.
The church was well attended in the early years, with documentation that indicates an attendance at times over 300. But over the years, attendance decreased, and really took a downturn after the tornado of 1966, which devastated the neighborhood surrounding the church.
In December of 2004, the church experienced renovation of facilities and membership as the church reestablished as a sister church of Northland Christian Church. Since that time, the church has established itself as a point of light in the Central Park neighborhood as well as committing itself to help establish churches in urban Topeka and around the world through intentional missions work.